THIS WALL; IMPENETRABLE.
What?
What exactly is it, that you are afraid of?
Who scarred you so, to the point of your extreme defensiveness?
I'm sure you thought, I couldn't tell.
Well, I can.
You are afraid, afraid of vulnerability. Afraid that you will be beneath me; afraid that I will use that against you.
You are very expressive, even when you're not supposed to be expressive. And you are only expressive when you feel like I just might disagree with you.
Life, my dear, it's life. We can't all have the same views, we can't all have the same line of thought on every damn subject.
Please, open up your heart.
Tear down that wall.
Rip away those barbed fences and let me in.
Heck, I've done the exact same thing for you! Why don't you see it?
I'm taking a risk as well. A huge one I haven't had the courage to for so long.
I'll hold your hand. No one has to know. That's what it is about, isn't it?
You're scared that I will use your pains and past against you.
Take a good look at mine, it's not the best either. I'm even surprised I made it here, if I'm being honest.
I'm angry. I'm in pain.
Angry because I hate that you've been through so much that your head is constantly over your shoulder.
Pain; because, I care about you. You don't deserve anything bad. Anything wrong. Anything traumatic.
I know it's too much to ask, but please, trust me.
I don't know what lies ahead of us, but the last thing I'd do is put you through whatever you're running away from.
Or is it me? Are you pushing me away; in a bid to protect me?

Comments
Post a Comment