RIDE WITH ME. RIDE ME.

He knows where I live. I know where he lives - And yet, none of us has penetrated the membranes that thinly confine our respective spaces.

We bump into each other once every week. However, our conversations never exceed the "I'm good" that I deliberately spew to kill the conversation. 

And yet, there's an unmistakable energy; live and raw animal energy - Dancing off our bodies and ricocheting against each other. We are both dangerous. We are wild. Roaring like flames off two huge fires; just about to lick to death everything that unfortunately lies in our paths.

We are selfish together - I can tell.


We are past fueling, past ignition.
He feels like a temporary home; a passing storm that kills the heat for a few days. 
I can feel it, from the way his eyes bore into every curve, every bump, every welt and scar that paints the canvas that is my skin.
He's drunk off taking me in whole; swaying and staggering under the weight of the desire running through his bones and veins.

It is easy for me to get lifted off my feet with his scent; that briefly hits me when we rush past each other, feigning decency ; and our raw intentions disguised by our innocent 'not so innocent' smiles.

His scent lifts me away into a chamber of my thoughts - dusty, locked and untouched for years. There, I see him. 

Pinning me by my left wrist, high above my head.
Cupping my chin in his thumb and forefinger.
Boring into the windows of my soul with his own.
All I do is stand there, motionless.
Wanting.
Needing.
Craving.
He leans in and I feel his hot breath on my face. I fight the force that's trying to buckle my knees. 
I shut my eyes.
Waiting.
Hoping.
Melting under his breath - and suddenly, he pulls away, loosening the grip on my wrist.

My face is flushed - hot with embarrassment. My knees buckle awkwardly and my heart thuds - in my ears, in my rib cage and in places I wouldn't have imagined.

I'm jolted back to reality with the humbling realization that my own fantasy nearly knocked out the air in my lungs - and that the real deal will certainly kill me.

I'm in for the ride.

Reckless.

Careless.

Wild.

Spontaneous.

Comments

Popular Posts